Founding the Brewery Aying in the year 1878 Johann Liebhard turns the tavern into a brewery and guest house with five rooms for lodging. In 1923 August and Maria Zehenmeier decide to relocate the guest house on the the other side of the street with a new building. The original building of the inn is used only for the family from this point on. In 1963 Franz and Maria Inselkammer rebuilt the guest house and enlarge the hotel to 19 rooms. Under the management of Maria Inselkammer the restaurants develops into one of the finest restaurants of Germany.
In the meantime Franz and Angela Inselkammer are in charge of the brewery and guest house Hotel Aying in sixth generation. In 2003 the guest house is renovated extensively, and the hotel is enlarged to a new capacity of 34 rooms. In 2008 Ursula Inselkammer becomes the seventh family generation part of the hotel management.
In 2009 the landmarked Manor House is reopened after being reconstructed and refurbished. It served as family house before and completes now the ensemble at the village square.
Since 2013 the Ayinger Bräustüberl, a traditional beer hall towards the Brauereigasthof, is also at the head of Familie Inselkammer.