Rooms Manor House

August, Max and Gundelinde ...

For generations here in Aying we tend hospitality with heart. At the landmarked Manor House, a listed historic building, this tradition is continued in a very special way. Until 2005 the building was privately used by our family, afterwards it was carefully renovated, and thoroughly rebuilt, and finally opened in 2009. What used to be the family's centre point is now a place for encounters, where one feels affiliated by friendship and safe and sound.

Each room is named after one of our family-members, spanning seven generations in total. Inasmuch as every resident of the family had his or her own character, each room is furbished equally with its own character in honour of the room's patron. Each room is a unique gem, which transports the air of history into the presence.

This, however, isn't it! A library with a historic stock and an open fire place, the atmospheric, spacious main room, which has a passage to the Manor's former kitchen, and a professionally equipped conference room transform this Manor House as such into a particularly attractive place for any kind of function or meeting close to Munich – be it of private or be it of business nature.

Enjoy this unique ambience and be carried away by the historic atmosphere. Have a look!


Deluxe Rooms

Two very spacious double rooms between 40-43 m² feature elegant Bavarian style, a natural stone bathroom with shower or bathtub, hairdryer, safe minibar and telephone. Both rooms are furnished with an original spruce wood floor and have a seating area.

Premium Double Rooms

Eight luxurious double rooms in elegant Bavarian style between 40-49 m². The rooms are furnished with fireplace or tiled stove and in some cases a balcony, as well as a natural stone bathroom with shower or bathtub, hairdryer, safe and minibar. The rooms are furnished with an original spruce wood floor or carpeted floor and have a seating area.

Junior Suite

Luxurious Junior Suites feature an elegant Bavarian style. With a size ranging between 45-65 m², our Junior Suites are also suitable as family rooms. They are furnished with a fireplace or tiled oven and a natural stone bathroom with shower or bathtub, hairdryer, safe and minibar. Our Junior Suites have a beautiful, large living area with original spruce wood floor or carpeted floor.


EQUIPMENT

All rooms at the Manor House are equipped with a mini-bar, a phone, radio, a flat screen TV, and WiFi. Each room has a separate bathroom. For free, the following amenities are waiting for you: a variety of daily newspapers, TV is equipped with a satellite receiver, Pay-Sports-TV, beauty products at the bathroom, slippers, a parking space, and a rich breakfast buffet with fresh delicacies of the region.

By the way, even more hospitality the Bavarian way is waiting for you at our outstanding restaurant "August und Maria" and our picturesque beer-garden, where we love to cater to you.

 Good to know


THE NAME GIVERS OF THE ROOMS IN THE MANOR HOUSE

Anna

More

Anna Zehentmair was born in 1914 in Aying as the seventh child of Maria and August Zehentmair. The unmarried Anna worked as the personal secretary of her brother in law Franz Inselkammer, who managed the Ayinger estate together with her sister Kreszenz. In this role, she worked with great dedication for the success of the business. Anna was the “good spirit” of the Manor House, in which she lived until her death in July 2003Geist“ des Herrenhauses, in dem sie bis zu ihrem Tod im Juli 2003 lebte.

August

More

August Zehentmair was born in 1880 in Perlach as the oldest son in a big agricultural household. In 1904, he married Maria Liebhard, the heir of the estate in Aying. After the wedding he moved to Aying to manage the property with his wife, as a brewer, landlord and farmer. He was an enthusiastic and educated farmer, to whom we owe thanks for, among other things, the extensive library in the Manor House. Back then, he was already placing hedges, trees and shrubs to protect birds and was very open to modernisation in agriculture.nisierungen in der Landwirtschaft gegenüber sehr aufgeschlossen.

Barbara

More

Barbara Steyer, nee Liebhard, was born in 1847 in Aying as the third child of Peter and Ursula Liebhard. She was the sister of the farm heir and brewery founder Johann Liebhard. By marrying Josef Steyer from Keferloh in 1872, she became the landlady of a well-known guest-house in Keferloh, to which a well-known market also belonged, which still traditionally takes place in September to this day. On market days there was brisk trade between Aying and Keferloh, because Johann Liebhard supplied meat and sausage goods from his own slaughterhouse and beer from the house brewery to help his sister cater for the visitors to the big market.

Franz

More

Franz Inselkammer was born in 1902 in Siegertsbrunn. His parents had a large agricultural estate, to which an inn and a sawmill also belonged. In 1932, he married Kreszenz Zehentmair, the farm heiress from Aying, with whom he took over the management of the farm, brewery and inn in 1936. Franz was a respected entrepreneur who developed the Ayinger business with energy and foresight. He was awarded the Bavarian Order of Merit for his services. He was also an enthusiastic farmer, brewer and passionate hunter. Franz died in 1986 in Aying at the age of 84.

Gundelinde

More

Gundelinde Bacherl, nee Zehentmair, was born in 1920 as the youngest child of Maria and August Zehentmair, in the Manor House. In 1944, she married Johann Bacherl, whose parents were landlords of the Munich Hofbräuhaus. Gundelinde was a very capable landlady, who managed the Bürgerbräu on Kaufingerstraße in Munich for many years together with her husband. Johann and Gundelinde had a daughter, also named Gundelinde, but whom everyone called “Stupsi”. Every year, she spent her school holidays in Aying.Sie verbrachte ihre Schulferien jedes Jahr in Aying.

Gusti

More

Gusti Zehentmair was born in 1919 in Aying. She was the tenth child of Maria and August Zehentmair and the twin sister of Hermenegild. The unmarried Gusti was very educated and travelled all over Europe with her sisters Hermenegild and Anna. She tended the family garden with great dedication. And because she could also drive a car, she was happy to act as driver for the sons of her sister Kreszenz. She was the last member of the family to live in the Manor House, which she did until 2005.

Hermene

More

Hermenegild Zehentmair was born in 1919 in Aying. She was the ninth child of Maria and August Zehentmair and the twin sister of Gusti. Hermenegild was unmarried and lived in the Manor House all her life. Her big passions were reading and travelling. She travelled through Europe with her sisters Gusti and Anna. She died in 1981 aged 62.

Johan

More

Johann Liebhard was born in 1845 in Aying as the oldest son of Ursula and Peter Liebhard. In 1878, he founded the Brauerei Aying and thus laid the foundation stone for the family-run speciality brewery. In 1878, he married Maria Kressierer from Markt Schwaben, with whom he had six children. Johann was a passionate brewer, farmer and innkeeper, who also ran his own butchers. He was one of the people who had a particularly shaping influence upon Aying and the Ayinger estate. In 1910, Johann died at the age of 65.

Kreszenz

More

Kreszenz Maria Inselkammer, nee Zehentmair, was born in 1911 as the fifth child of August and Maria Zehentmair. Because the family remained without a male heir, she was the heiress to the farm. In 1932, Kreszenz married Franz Inselkammer from Siegertsbrunn, with whom, in 1936, she took over her parent’s estate with its farm, brewery and Brauereigasthof in Aying, after the sudden death of her father. After the conversion of the Brauereigasthof in 1963, Kreszenz managed the Guest-House and hotel. Under her management the Guest-House was awarded a Michelin star. Kreszenz was a “Bavarian lady”, who was held in high esteem by her guests. Until her death shortly after her 90th birthday, she insisted on greeting her regular guests in person each day.s sich nicht nehmen ihre Stammgäste täglich persönlich zu begrüßen.

Maria

More

Maria Zehentmair, nee Liebhard, was born in 1879 in what is now the Manor House, as the oldest daughter of Johann and Maria Liebhard. Because the family remained without a male heir, she was already raised as the estate’s heir at the age of 15. After her marriage to August Zehentmair, the two managed the Aying property together. In 1904, Aying was connected to the railway network and Maria took over the post office and the first telephone in Aying. At this point, the Manor House was still an inn with a public room, a side room and a hall on the first floor. In 1921, Maria and her husband decided to rebuild the Brauereigasthof on the opposite site of the street, thus laying the foundation for the Brauereigasthof Hotel Aying in its present size.

Max

More

Max Liebhard was born in 1862 as the youngest of eleven children of Peter and Ursula. In 1891, he married Therese Hauser from Kirchstockach. At first, they lived on the property “Englwarting”. They later moved back to Aying. There they built the “Liebhardsvilla” for themselves and their four children. Max was a man of independent means and loved hunting. He died in 1934 at the age of 72. His unmarried daughters bequeathed the family property to the church, which still runs a children’s home of the Catholic youth welfare organisation in the former Liebhardsvilla.

Peter

More

Peter Liebhard was born in 1816 as the third child of Franz and Katharina Liebhard. The family Liebhard originally lived at the “Garner” in Arget near Sauerlach. The family chronicle shows that Peter’s father acquired the property in Aying because the oldest son Franz “drowned in the cesspool” at the age of five. In 1844, Peter married Ursula Hörndl from the “Pullinger” in Auhofen. They had eleven children. Peter further expanded the homestead in Aying with clever and prudent management. When he died at the age of 84, he left the property “Zum Pfleger” on a very healthy footing.

Theresia

More

Theresia Inselkammer, nee Mair, was born in 1876 in Siegertsbrunn. In 1900, she married Franz Inselkammer and became farmer and landlady of the Inselkammer homestead in Siegertsbrunn. Three children were born from this marriage. After the early death of her husband, she married his brother Valentin Inselkammer. After marrying Kreszenz Zehentmair, her oldest son Franz, together with his wife, took over the management of the Aying property with its brewery and inn. Theresia was the grandma of the three boys of Kreszenz and Franz, and often a guest at the Manor House.

Ursula

More

Ursula Liebhard, nee Hörndl, was born in 1821 at the “Pullinger” in Auhofen. In 1844, aged 23, she married Peter Liebhard, the heir of the “Pfleger” homestead in Aying. As well as keeping house and bringing up the eleven children, Ursula lent her reliable support to her husband as a restaurateur and farmer. She was particularly proud that most of her children married into large estates in the local area. Ursula lived in the Manor House until her death at the age of 82.


Rates        offers